The CHS Library is open from 7:15 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Students must present a pass to be admitted into the library during class time. No passes are required before/after school or at lunch.
The goal of the CHS Library is to ensure that students and staff are information literate and become lifelong learners. We hope to accomplish this goal by:
1. Providing access to materials in both physical and electronic formats.
2. Providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, evaluating, and
using information and ideas.
3. Working with other educators to design lessons to teach curriculum standards.
4. Preparing students for a successful post-secondary experience.
LIBRARY COLLECTION AND SERVICES
1. Students are assisted by a credentialed teacher librarian and a professionally trained library technician. The teacher librarian teaches information literacy and research skills, and also promotes independent reading.
2. The total collection atClovisHigh Schoolexceeds 17,000 print and non-print materials. Although the majority of the collection is curriculum-driven, a large number of leisure reading materials are available.
3. Technology available for student use includes but is not limited to:
a. 36 student computer work stations
b. Black and white printing ($.10) and color printing ($.50)
c. Copy machine ($.10 per copy)
d. Online subscription databases available at www.chslib.com
4. Our media collection includes video/audio tapes and DVDs covering a number of curricular areas for student and staff use. Students are encouraged to check out these materials.
5. Numerous magazines are provided for both curricular and recreational reading.
6. Professional collections are available for patron use.