Utilization of parent input is offered through a number of forums at CHS including site and community booster organization groups to ensure a diverse representation. These groups allow for on-going dialogue to take place between school staff and parents. These groups include:
1) School Assessment and Review Team (SART): meets monthly during the school year to assess and review effectiveness of policies, procedures, programs and curriculum/textbook adoption, which are in place or proposed at CHS. In March, CUSD conducts the annual SART Survey. This survey solicits parent opinion on curricular, co-curricular, technology, and other issues facing the district. SART is the only body entitled to process these surveys; the compiled results are shared with the community.
2) Cougar Foundation: a non-profit, tax exempt educational foundation which provides financial support through ongoing fundraisers for all student co-curricular, non-revenue producing activities (e.g., band, choir, drama, debate-forensics, clubs/organizations, academic competitions, athletics [limited], and individuals representing CHS).
3) School Site Council (SSC): meets quarterly with administrative, teacher, parent and student representatives to review and adopt the school site plan and grant final approval on all categorical funds.
4) English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC): made up of parents and staff members involved in the bilingual program. ELAC reviews all programs designed to support English Learners, including ELD, and tutors on a quarterly basis.
5) Intercultural Diversity Advisory Council (IDAC): draws members from parents to represent CHS at district level climate assessment/problem-solving meetings.
6) Athletic/Pep & Cheer Booster Groups: Football Boosters, Baseball Boosters, Boys’ and Girls’ Soccer Boosters, Boys’ and Girls’ Basketball Boosters, Wrestling Boosters, Boys’ and Girls’ Volleyball Boosters, Cross Country/Track Boosters, Boys’ and Girls’ Water Polo/Swimming Boosters, Boys’ and Girls’ Tennis Boosters, and Pep & Cheer Boosters primary functions are to fundraise for students involved in athletics.
Pep & Cheer Contact: email@example.com
7) Performing Arts Booster Groups: provide monetary support for marching band, color guard, concert bands, orchestra, jazz band and all choral performance groups.
Band Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Choir Contact: email@example.com
Drama Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org