Utilization of parent input is offered through a number of forums at CHS including site and community booster organization groups to ensure a diverse representation. These groups allow for on-going dialogue to take place between school staff and parents. These groups include:
- School Assessment and Review Team (SART): meets monthly during the school year to assess and review effectiveness of policies, procedures, programs and curriculum/textbook adoption, which are in place or proposed at CHS. In March, CUSD conducts the annual SART Survey. This survey solicits parent opinion on curricular, co-curricular, technology, and other issues facing the district. SART is the only body entitled to process these surveys; the compiled results are shared with the community.
- Cougar Foundation: a non-profit, tax exempt educational foundation which provides financial support through ongoing fundraisers for all student co-curricular, non-revenue producing activities (e.g., band, choir, drama, debate-forensics, clubs/organizations, academic competitions, athletics [limited], and individuals representing CHS).
- School Site Council (SSC): meets quarterly with administrative, teacher, parent and student representatives to review and adopt the school site plan and grant final approval on all categorical funds.
- English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC): made up of parents and staff members involved in the bilingual program. ELAC reviews all programs designed to support English Learners, including ELD, and tutors on a quarterly basis.
- Intercultural Diversity Advisory Council (IDAC): draws members from parents to represent CHS at district level climate assessment/problem-solving meetings.
Clovis Area Community Meeting Summary - November 2, 2017
Clovis Area Community Meeting Summary - October 5, 2017
- Athletic/Pep & Cheer Booster Groups: Football Boosters, Baseball Boosters, Boys’ and Girls’ Soccer Boosters, Boys’ and Girls’ Basketball Boosters, Wrestling Boosters, Boys’ and Girls’ Volleyball Boosters, Cross Country/Track Boosters, Boys’ and Girls’ Water Polo/Swimming Boosters, Boys’ and Girls’ Tennis Boosters, and Pep & Cheer Boosters primary functions are to fundraise for students involved in athletics.
Athletics Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Pep & Cheer Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Performing Arts Booster Groups: provide monetary support for marching band, color guard, concert bands, orchestra, jazz band and all choral performance groups.
Band Contact: email@example.com
Choir Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Drama Contact: email@example.com