- All absences can be cleared only by parents or legal guardians. A note from a parent will not be accepted.
- Parents/Guardian should clear any absence within 24 hours. Absences uncleared after 24 hours may be considered truant.
- Parents/guardians must clear absences prior to 5 days otherwise the absence will remain as uncleared and be considered a truancy. Uncleared/unverified absences or truancy will result in appropriate disciplinary action, including but not limited to Saturday School and/or Detention being assigned for your student.
- State Law requires all students to attend school daily. Acceptable excuses which allow work to be made up include the following:
- Legitimate illness
- Medical appointment
- Court appearance
- School-related/Co-curricular Activity
DR NOTES - can be submitted via email, fax or turned into the attendance office.
- Email [email protected] or fax to 559-327-1010
- Doctor’s notes are always encouraged and must be submitted no later than 5 days from the excused day of absence. Parent notes are not accepted. Please allow up to 24 hours for absences to be cleared.
TARDY PASSES - Please call 327-1000, option 2 before your student arrives or check in with Attendance office
OFF CAMPUS PASSES - Please call in to request a pass 327-1000, option 2 the morning of or at least 1 hour prior to student pick-up to help expedite student check-out.
Pre-approved Absence Request – Please contact Paulette Lopez at 327-1327.
Pre-Approved Absence must be for at least 5 days, and no more than 15 days with counselor’s approval. Parents must initiate the process 5 day in advance.