CCCAP is available only to 12th grade students and is a way to garner 12 general education units during senior year. During the year, CCCAP students will complete the following four courses (two per semester)– Art 2 (Art Appreciation), Psychology 2 (General Psychology), History 1 (Western Civilization to 1648), and Sociology 1A (Introduction to Sociology). CCCAP is part of the student’s senior schedule and as a result, they will also earn 20 high school elective credits. Enrollment fees are waived, but students will need to purchase textbooks. Transportation can be provided by Clovis Unified and classes will be hosted on the Clovis Community Herndon Campus. The typical schedule for CCCAP is Monday/Wednesday/Friday 1-3 pm, however some classes may be online, as determined by the college. Interested students should talk to their counselor during registration spring of junior year to ensure they are considered for this opportunity.
To qualify for CCCAP, students must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be a senior on-track for graduation with a 2.5 GPA or above.
- Must get approval from parents, principal, and counselor.
- Must be enrolled in 4 classes at Clovis High to complete senior schedule.
- Must have not received a D, F, Incomplete, or NP in any former SCCCD enrichment or dual enrollment course.
Steps to Enroll in CCCAP:
- Let your counselor know you are interested by writing CCCAP on your registration form during the spring of your junior year.
- Fill out the Online Application for SCCCD to get your community college ID number. You must select “Enrichment/Dual Enrollment” under “Term Applying For” in the application.
- Once you have your SCCCD ID number, fill out the CCCAP Dual Enrollment Application (one of the CHS counselors should guide you through this particular step).
- Student and Parent review and sign the Clovis High Enrichment Contract and turn in to your counselor.
Note: Due to restrictions on available seats and reliance on the college system for ultimate accessibility, we can never guarantee a spot in CCCAP. If there is a large quantity of interest in any given year, we will use a fair and unbiased method of determining who is selected.